Saturday, June 11, 2011

Half-Breed Hot Sauce

Ok, I'm sharing my Half-Breed Hot Sauce recipe.  I started making this way back in the day and called it Tex-Mex salsa.  My sister's MIL gave me the recipe to her salsa too and I tweeked mine with some of her stuff.  Then I went to a bar with my one of my best friends Lindsay and we had the chips and hot sauce.  It tasted just like mine.  He called it Half-Breed hot sauce and I thought it was perfect! I'm a half-breed! So I stole the name. 
Here you go:

  1. 1 can of peeled tomatoes (any brand)
  2. juice of 1 lime
  3. 1 yellow or white onion (your preference)
  4. half of a bunch of cilantro (or more if you like cilantro)
  5. 2 cloves of garlic (more if you would like)
  6. 2 seeded jalopenos (or not seeded if you want more heat, I use 1 seeded and 1 not seeded)
  7. dash of salt (maybe a little more than a dash)
  8. dash of pepper
  9. garlic powder
  10. dash of cumin
  11. dash of chili powder
  12. Put it all in a blender and blend


Blend and enjoy with Milagro chips or On the Border (Gluten Free) Chips!!!!

You can also use the same ingredients and substitute the can of tomotoes with 3 Hoas Avocadoes from Mexico to make the best Quacamole you will ever taste.


Chop up everything real fine and add all the ingredients and smash with a fork.



DIVERTATE! (ENJOY)




1 comment:

  1. My mouth is watering like you can't believe. Chips, salsa, queso, guacamole....YUMMY YUMMY FOR MY TUMMY! My favorite thing to eat besides warm slightly undercooked brownies. FO REAL YO!

    My mom makes some amazing salsa. I'll have to compare hers and yours. Maybe I'll tweak something to make it IA's 1/2 1/2 breed salsa! ;)

    ReplyDelete