Sunday, May 15, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me!!

For my birthday I asked my family for Lowe's and Home Depot gift cards because I have been wanting to update my front porch.  Even though it was cute, it was not very comfortable or functional.  Well, they hooked me up!  I was able to combine the GC from my parents and sister, b-day money, and GC from teacher appreciation and gave my porch a renovation I am so proud of.  I also can't stop looking at it:)

Here is the before pic. I cleared off the bistro set and put it in the backyard under the tree. It looks sweet there:)


I swept and cleaned it.  You can't see it here but there is a huge crack and the paint is chipping:(



SO, I added a Martha Stewart outdoor rug from Home Depot to cover the imperfections and added my two wonderful rocking chairs I have been eyeing since February.  Patients is not my strong point so I was very proud to have waited so long.


Then I added my potted plants including lavender, mint, lillies, hydrangeas and potato vines. 


Voila!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful! That is something you will enjoy! Happy Birthday!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the new rockers. I wanna come sit and have a chat with you on that porch. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks nice and cozy! Great job!

    ReplyDelete